Agnus Dei

Agnus Dei
How G-d rules the world!

17 February 2010

Messes of Ben

Welcome!

I had a blog once.  I shared it with two good friends.  The friends are still around, but the blog kind of died.  Then, I tried to follow another friend's blog on blogger, and for some reason I needed a blog to follow?  I think, but anyway, I made one.  Actually, I had been planning on making one for some time.  Here it is.

The title comes from the first song on mewithoutYou's fantastic third album Brother, Sister.  The song is titled "Messes of Men".  It is about messes we get into, particularly adultery.  I realize each day the mess I am in.  My ideological beliefs are fairly radical and difficult to live into.  What's more, my beliefs are radically different than the dominant belief structures of our day.  I am therefore faced with a predicament.  I believe in a difficult moral standard that subverts most worldviews (Christian and secular alike).  Consequently, I attempt to employ my mess in a way that subverts the dominating mess we face in society today!  What a mess!

My new blog exists to chronicle my experiences of attempting to mess up our tidy evaluations of what Christian living really is (especially since the Christians are so lukewarm and the non-Christians think that's what G-d is like!).  I will write my sermons here, summarize books I am reading, narrate my adventures in volunteering with homeless shelters and other groups, and chronicle my own personal struggles to live radically.  I hope you will join me.  It should be an absolute mess.  Peace!

-ben adam

No comments:

Post a Comment